• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathy online repertorisation course - free access

Dr. Beth

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello all - I just came across this course in another holistic group I am in and thought I would share - it's free registration for an online 12 day course with a homeopath (human information but still may be very interesting to some of you in this group).

here's the registration link: The Quest For Simillimum

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Thank you for sharing about this, Dr. Beth. Have you done any studying with Dr. Shilpa? I would love to hear what you think.,

This is actually a very advanced and unique approach that may be very frustrating to anyone who is not already very familiar with the basic steps in repertorizing.

It is very interesting to read her introduction and why she felt the need for a different approach to selecting remedies than what we are teaching.

Dr. Christina

SharonC

All-Access Member
Registered
clicked the link and got a username and password, cart wabted $200.00 for the course,

Dr. Beth

All-Access Member
Registered
clicked the link and got a username and password, cart wabted $200.00 for the course,
Thanks for pointing that out. I am a bit confused... Strange because it let me register for free, and had the $200 price tag crossed out. Perhaps it was a limited time free registration? Sorry it didn't work for you the way it did when I registered earlier today.

Dr. Beth

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you for sharing about this, Dr. Beth. Have you done any studying with Dr. Shilpa? I would love to hear what you think.,

This is actually a very advanced and unique approach that may be very frustrating to anyone who is not already very familiar with the basic steps in repertorizing.

It is very interesting to read her introduction and why she felt the need for a different approach to selecting remedies than what we are teaching.

Dr. Christina
Hi Dr Christina - I have not done any studying with Dr. Shilpa. It was shared in a professional group I am in, and I thought it sounded interesting and when I was able to register free, I thought perhaps sharing with this group, and when I reached out to Dr Jeff he said he was fine with me sharing the link. Dr Beth

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this great info. Dr. Beth.

Unfortunately, as Sharon points out, the current cost is $200 and I don't think most HA! members could use the info unless they have already been studying Dr. Hahnemann's method.

Here's some interesting info. from Dr. Shilpa:

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff makes a great point: It is hard to appreciate and learn from this sort of presentation unless you know what it is you need to know - and this takes a good theoretical foundation in itself. There are many great books providing methodology, theory, and description of remedies. Some of my favorites are The Genius of Homeopathy, by Stuart Close, Boger's Synoptic Key of the Materia Medica, and Roger Morrison's Desktop Guide. These give you meat and bone - structure, as it were, upon which to evaluate other's approaches. But perhaps the one source from which I have learned most is David Little's page at www.simillimum.com. Although there is an option here to purchase course materials, there is a free of charge and virtually complete discussion of the history and development of homeopathy:

H.O.E. (Homoeopathic Online Education) is an organization founded by David Little. David has been practicing Homoeopathy for the past 45 years. A collection of his articles and other educational information are the core part of this site. Our goal is to provide valuable knowledge of the true methods of Homoeopathy, so that it can be used in a safe and effective manner.
We have an extensive range of high quality free homoeopathic education through our website in an effort to improve the understanding and practice of Homoeopaths around the world. We hope that you find this information to be helpful and enlightening in your homoeopathic studies.

...So, if you can absorb even a small portion of what is offered, you will be receiving a vast education, and one which will enable you to understand the offerings of others, should you still find them of interest. Incidentally, of particular value to me has been his First Aid page, which can get you out of the woods in a hurry when you need help.

Anyway, don't be ready to drop money without understanding what you're getting into. Whatever it is, the more you know going in, the more you can get out of what is offered.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff makes a great point: It is hard to appreciate and learn from this sort of presentation unless you know what it is you need to know - and this takes a good theoretical foundation in itself. There are many great books providing methodology, theory, and description of remedies. Some of my favorites are The Genius of Homeopathy, by Stuart Close, Boger's Synoptic Key of the Materia Medica, and Roger Morrison's Desktop Guide. These give you meat and bone - structure, as it were, upon which to evaluate other's approaches. But perhaps the one source from which I have learned most is David Little's page at www.simillimum.com. Although there is an option here to purchase course materials, there is a free of charge and virtually complete discussion of the history and development of homeopathy
Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm very interested in looking into these. Of the books I read, they're mostly theories and description of remedies. I'm looking for anything that's practical and hands-on...a step by step guidance of finding the right remedies would be helpful for a layperson like myself. I tried to find a remedy for myself for migraine but I got so confused and it brought on more pain to my head (literally) so I gave up :(

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sorry about your worsened headache from trying to find a remedy Christine.

Unfortunately migraines, and most headaches in general, are not easy to prescribe for as they're rarely acute dis-eases (even when they crop up acutely). Migraines are acute flare-ups of chronic disease. Even professional homeopath, after decades of practice and study, can have difficulty resolving them.

There really is no simple step by step way to find a chronic remedy the way there is for acute remedies like the 4 Awe-some As.

Maybe start working with a homeopathy student from the school in LA as Dr. Christina mentioned in another thread.

Have you read Dr. Jensen's great book which is free to read in your member area?

Another great book that discusses use of homeopathy (for people) at home is:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom