• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathy and epigenetics

VeroniqueM

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello!

As a homeopathy student, I have to do an essay that I will submit next week on allopathic vs homeopathic medicine.
Although my knowledge on epigenetics is limited, I've been fascinated lately by how positive or negative influences can affect the expression or non-expression of certain genes and therefore affecting our health or our animals' health.
I would like to develop ideas in my essay about the positive impact I think homeopathy could have on epigenetics and would like to know which sites or journals you consider reliable as a source of information.
I did find an interesting article on PubMed about the isopathic use of auto-sarcode of DNA as anti-miasmatic homeopathic medicine and modulator of gene espression: Isopathic Use of Auto-Sarcode of DNA as Anti-Miasmatic Homeopathic Medicine and Modulator of Gene Expression? - PubMed , but this is more hypothetical and studies have yet to be conducted to prove its efficacy and safety.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Véronique Messier

VeroniqueM

All-Access Member
Registered
And I did look through the Holistic Actions site for information. I watched the Empower hour webinar with Dr Kate Robinson from Embark and will consider getting Dr Dodds' book about canine nutrigenomics.
But the information I'm looking for is a more direct correlation between homeopathy and epigenetics.
Maybe I didn't look deep enough into the Holistic actions website?

Thanks again,

Véronique

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome, Dr. Veronique.

In addition to the Embark webinar, Dr. Dodds' webinar about nutrigenomics and epigenetics may be helpful.

I'm not aware of a study into epigenetic effects of homeopathy. However, at it's core, epigenetics is also the study of symptoms, so there is a definite clinical correlation with homeopathic alteration of symptoms.

I will get back to you if I find other reliable sources about protein production in response to environmental factors that include homeopathic medicines.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
BTW-Here's the conclusion from one research paper about molecular effects of the homeopathic medicine Condurango:

The results of the present study testify to the ability of ultra-highly-diluted homeopathic remedies to modulate deacetylase activity, which further vindicates the hypothesis [13 - 15] that ultra-highly-diluted homeopathic remedies act by triggering a gene regulatory mechanism in a chain (cascade) reaction. Presumably, this is due to the existence of nano-particles of the drug materials still present in the ultra-highly-diluted remedies.

Also, this paper may be useful:

Khuda-Bukhsh AR. Towards understanding molecular mechanisms of action of homeopathic drugs: an overview. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;253(1-2):339–345

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

VeroniqueM

All-Access Member
Registered
This will be of great help thank you! And I found Dr Dodds' Empower hour webinar about nutrigenomics so I will watch it tonight. I will mention your Holistic actions website as a reference.
Would you authorize me to mention your name in my essay with your phrase about the analogy that discovering homeopathy is somewhat like discovering that the earth is not flat? When I heard you say that in one of your lectures I thought it was so true.

Your help is much appreciated,

Véronique

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome Veronique!

It's my pleasure and honor to do this research for every pet parent and especially for vets learning homeopathy.

You definitely can list HA! as a reference bu the "flat earth" quote has been around for awhile. I was just reiterating.

MD and homeopath Tim Dooley even has a book called "Homeopathy, Beyond Flat Earth Medicine":

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom