• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Help! My cat only wants to eat kibble.

YvetteH

All-Access Member
Registered
My cat stopped eating the (canned) food I was feeding her, and so that she would have SOMETHING to eat, I started feeding her kibble again (sort of like a Meow Mix junk food type--she wouldn't eat anything else.)
Now, that's ALL she wants, and she goes on a hunger strike if she doesn't get some type of kibble food. Any suggestions on how to steer her back on to better food? Don't know what to do here. Thank you so much!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Yvette, changes in appetite is one of the indications (BEAM) that the energy field is not balanced. Rather than focusing just on trying to find a food she will eat, it is important to focus on re-balancing her vital force. This is a symptom, just like itchy ears, or inflamed gums.

Start your HMDM.
  • Goal - get her rebalanced so she will eat a variety of real food treats, even if that is in addition to her canned food. Even canned food has little energy left.
  • Research -
    • Review the 101 health course
    • Do a search for feeding cats
    • Re-watch Anitra Frazier's webinar as she focuses on how to get cats to switch who ever only ate dry and most of it is your thoughts as you are preparing the food. Maybe purchase her book - The Natural Cat - as it is a great cat resource.
    • Review the happiness protocol
    • Work on getting her to breathe
    • What changed just before she stopped eating the canned food? Stress in the house, your emotional state, stray cats outdoors?
    • Offer Reiki, HTA, Eden Energy, WEBB, Bengston, etc.
    • If you have a local holistic vet it is time for a great physical
    • Contact an intuitive to see if they can discover what your kitty is thinking/wanting and why things changed.
    • And so on for general balancing
    • Some tricks for switching cat food
      • do NOT leave the dry food out. Put out a small amount.
      • grind some dry food in a coffee grinder, put out some junky canned food (friskies or A/D prescription diet) with the powdered dry on top. Just put out a tiny amount
      • try some of the freeze dried foods.
      • many cats love the freeze dried chicken hearts
      • over the years of offering her fresh foods every day, are there any treats she likes? Licking the ice cream or cereal bowl, fish, etc? Try these again.
Patience and Persistence are critically important.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Yvette!

Thanks for your quick response and the super informative post Dr. Christina!

Yvette, in addition to Dr. Christina's wonderful food for thought, I wonder if your kitty will eat any fresh food like chicken, beef, eggs, sardines, etc?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
How about offering tiny bites of whatever you're eating? It doesn't have to be "cat food" or even close, but just the idea that a different food might taste interesting, to get her "acceptance level" broadened. Spoil her rotten...just to get going again.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom