• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Hello from Wisconsin!

RobynS

All-Access Member
Registered
Howdy! I'm new here and trying to figure out how the site works. I'm a country gal through and through. I'm a writer and artist and work from home, which is a blessing now that we have sick kitties to tend to. Our 13 year old cat, Olive, was diagnosed with diabetes in August and it has been a nightmare since. It became clear that the local vets had no clue about feline diabetes and we've been flying solo since. If it wasn't for the help of some great people at a feline diabetes forum I would have lost it. Since Olive's diagnoses, our 15-16 year old cat has been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism and cardiomyopathy secondary to it. Cindy got sick on the Methimazole and can't take it and we can't afford the other treatments, so just like with Olive, we have been trying to find a holistic approach for both of them. I've been told by too many vets that Olive will never regulate on raw food and that Cindy will never get better either. What makes it more challenging is that Cindy doesn't travel well and this has limited us in our search for help for her. Where we'd love to take her is simply too far and especially with her heart condition, she'd never be able to make the journey. To say I've been under constant stress would be an understatement, especially since we'd lost our 19 year old fur baby who was our child, just 12 weeks before Olive was diagnosed. This has been the worst year of my life and I've been trying desperately to find some balance in my own life. So I joined HA with hopes that others might offer some advice as well as my hope that I can offer advice to others. It is my belief that the body can heal if we just give it the opportunity and I'm willing to learn and do whatever it takes to help my babies. It's nice meeting you all.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wonderful to meet you Robyn and thank you for making your first post!

Olive and Cindy are very lucky kitties.

I'll look forward to reading the forum threads you start about diabetes and hyperthyroidism in kitties. Please also include what you've been through with them, and how we can help.

Maybe a chat with about making home made raw cat food they'll love, or the true context of their dis-eases, or....

Welcome!

RobynS

All-Access Member
Registered
It's great being here and I will definitely get to all that. I'm juggling so much right now it's just getting the time to sit here and write it all out, but I most certainly will.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom