• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

For Anyone Interested In Pasture-Raised, Humanely Slaughtered Meat from Texas

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi - After moving here almost 3 mos ago and doing a bunch of research for a good, pasture-raised, humanely slaughtered ranch to get raw for our dogs and cat, I came across Buck Creek. During last night's Empower Hour, when I mentioned I feed from a ranch here, there were a few people interested. I did make sure they use no herbicide or pesticide on the grass these animals graze on. They generally only have beef, pork and some lamb. The quality is beautiful and they do ship around the country (they ship to me on dry ice, as well).

It's a family owned business, Mona and her husband, Richard.

Here is the contact info for anyone interested:

Buck Creek Meats
Mona Gregory
info@buckcreek.com
806-683-2590

For chicken necks, organs:

Laura Turnbough
4T Farms
806-215-1499

For Wild Boar, Wild Venison, Antelope (a bit pricier):

Broken Arrow Ranch
admin@brokenarrowranch.com
(830) 367-5875

All have organ meats they can send; it's a bit hit and miss except for Broken Arrow which supplies to high end NYC restaurants, so they have a set Pet menu of things they offer on their site.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jody ??

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, thanks for sharing this great info. Jody.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@JodyMY - Thank you for the wonderful information again, Jody. Do you follow the prey model diet (80% meat, 10% organs and 10% bones)? When you get meat from these vendors, what kind of organs do you add? Do you also add bone meal?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom