• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dr Dobias organic supplements

AngeleL

All-Access Member
Registered
I have currently switched from store bought raw diet to homemade. We grow our own meat for the dogs, which consists of beef, turkey, chicken and also have access to moose, beaver and geese when hunting season is around.

my struggle is finding a well balanced supplements as far as multi vitamin and mineral to add to make it a complete nutritional meals for my 5 dogs. I have read and listened to videos on Dr Dobias organic supplements and was wondering if anyone uses it and have good results with it ? because its very pricey and with 5 dogs I am always on the search for best and affordable products for my preciouses, and Dr Dobias products seems to be a good option :)

I would appreciate any feed back on or suggested brands certified organic and human grade. I am in Canada so A LOT very good products seem to never be available for us so help!! lol

thank you in advance !

Angele :)

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I am inclined to say that your wonderful diet is quite sufficient to supply all the nutrients that carnivores need. I would only add supplements if/as necessary to address particular suboptimal health issues. Depending on the diets of the animals you feed, you might wish to add some basics, like Omega 3s from, say, fish oil, or perhaps some collagen protein. Make sure they eat organs, in proportion to the carcasses they are fed.
You've got some lucky kids there:) This is the best possible way to feed...

AngeleL

All-Access Member
Registered
I am inclined to say that your wonderful diet is quite sufficient to supply all the nutrients that carnivores need. I would only add supplements if/as necessary to address particular suboptimal health issues. Depending on the diets of the animals you feed, you might wish to add some basics, like Omega 3s from, say, fish oil, or perhaps some collagen protein. Make sure they eat organs, in proportion to the carcasses they are fed.
You've got some lucky kids there:) This is the best possible way to feed...
thank you! I do add omega's alternating between fish oils, sardines ect....they also get organ meat and veggies of their likes. I am also tempted to think that its enough but its so confusing at times. They have no health issues and are very healthy dogs.....just that since i switch from store bought raw diet (that has minerals and vitamins added) to our meat with no added supplements makes me wonder about it all the time. lol

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Angele-

Yes! As you and I just discussed, I agree with Ginny. You have some super lucky pups!
I am always on the search for best and affordable products
In my opinion, they are not needed as long as your pups get a good variety of meats, organs and eatable raw bones (or other calcium sources such as calcium from seaweed or eggshells).as we

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom