• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog drooling/dripping saliva from closed mouth

JulyS

All-Access Member
Registered
My four year old French bulldog has been dripping a puddle of saliva for the past few hours. I have checked his mouth and don't see anything abnormal. Any insights as to what I should look for or do? I did ice skate with him earlier, but I was careful and controlled. He tried to eat my skate once when I was stopped, but mostly be was playing with and chewing on a skateboard deck (something he does on his walk past the mini ice rink every day). Could this be the issue? There hasn't been any blood at any point or any sign of pain.

Thank you

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Have you really gotten a great look in his mouth?
have you offered him something soft to eat and was he able to eat it?
since there is no blood and no pain and I doubt you can be seen by a vet clinic on the weekend, keep a watch and let us know if he can eat and drink. His energy is fine?
Dr. Christina

JulyS

All-Access Member
Registered
He drooled a constant drip until about 5am, then it seemed to stop. He ate breakfast just fine and yesterday he enjoyed doing his puzzles and wanted to play (though a little less energy than normal). The whole thing was bizarre for sure, but seems to have passed.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey July-

My bet is that he got a mouthful of something super that just triggered his salivating symptom. Maybe something super bitter.

In the future with other symptoms (which are manifestations of the body doing its' job), I personally don't get upset (I myself have dozens of symptoms every day) and like Dr. Christina would say that if his BEAM is 100% then a routine vet exam is a good idea.

BEAM can shine the light on the need to go to the ER.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
My four year old French bulldog has been dripping a puddle of saliva for the past few hours. I have checked his mouth and don't see anything abnormal. Any insights as to what I should look for or do? I did ice skate with him earlier, but I was careful and controlled. He tried to eat my skate once when I was stopped, but mostly be was playing with and chewing on a skateboard deck (something he does on his walk past the mini ice rink every day). Could this be the issue? There hasn't been any blood at any point or any sign of pain.

Thank you

LilF

Community Member
Registered
My dog was drooling on Jan 12th around the time he fainted. Not real long, just before and after... He did not have a lot of energy the next day. He doesn't typically drool.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom