• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog Asthma

ElizabethH

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi
I am new to the forum. I have an older dog, almost 14, that has developed Asthma. I have talked to the regular vet and have an appointment with our holistic vet. I am hoping there is a acupressure therapy that I can use to help her. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated. Liz

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome Liz!

I'm sorry to hear about your pup's asthma symptoms and diagnosis.:confused:

Yes, there definitely are acupressure and many other ways you can use even prior to tour holistic vet appointment.

How's her BEAM (despite her asthma symptoms)?

It would be super helpful if you shared some of the info. that Aruna discusses here:

ElizabethH

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi
I am new to the forum. I have an older dog, almost 14, that has developed Asthma. I have talked to the regular vet and have an appointment with our holistic vet. I am hoping there is a acupressure therapy that I can use to help her. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated. Liz

ElizabethH

All-Access Member
Registered
Phoenix is a Tibetan Spaniel. I think she is active for her age. She plays with the 3 year old dog every day. Her mood, appetite everything is good except for the coughing. She has had an exam, xray and a consultation with radiologist. The conclusion was that she had developed asthma and bronchitis.

She also has allergies. We had done Eastern Medicine and cytopoint which has under control. I feed a mixture of raw and kibble.

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
Phoenix is a Tibetan Spaniel. I think she is active for her age. She plays with the 3 year old dog every day. Her mood, appetite everything is good except for the coughing. She has had an exam, xray and a consultation with radiologist. The conclusion was that she had developed asthma and bronchitis.

She also has allergies. We had done Eastern Medicine and cytopoint which has under control. I feed a mixture of raw and kibble.
Hi, @ElizabethH , I just wanted to make sure that your question was answered - please let us know if you want more information.
Here is a great list to follow when describing your dog's case - the reason we do that, is because we don't just "treat asthma", we look at the whole picture of the individual animal to understand how to best support him so that body can heal. Also, we have some great resources on respiratory conditions you can access here.
  1. Your pet's name
  2. Approximate age
  3. Sex
  4. Neutering status
  5. Breed
  6. Approximate weight
  7. What's their BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood)
  8. Diet
  9. Vaccination history / exposure to toxins, other medication
  10. Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time
  11. Is the condition better or worse from exercise, heat, cold, time of day, certain foods, emotional upset, being touched, excitement, etc?
  12. Has any diagnostic work been done? Diagnosis if available (you can attach your diagnostic tests to the post if you have them)
  13. Current and previous treatment
  14. Other health concerns

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom