• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dermatitis frustrations

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
Ok I’m at Wits end…my buddy isn’t really scratching but now the dry red patches with hair loss have spread over his entire body. In past if small evenly spaced small spots appreared on his forehead I would apply ACV believing mites were the cause and it would clear. I go to great lengths to keep him internally and externally chemicals free and yet this occurres…

75E1D11F-02E1-4034-BADF-087C973398D4.jpeg

BE154609-323F-4B32-947D-43177AF02A1A.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Michael-

I'm sorry about Shelton's patches of hair loss. You do a great job of keeping him "clean" and I'd be willing to bet that this has very litttle (if anything) to do with toxins and is just an example of his body doing its job (of being a symptom factory).

His body is guiding us to his next homeopathic remedy.

How's his BEAM?

BTW-Thanks so much for mentioning Dalma to me and HA!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
yes, Michael, skin problems are very frustrating because we can see them. I am so glad itching is not a problem.

There is good news and bad news. When you realize that the skin symptoms are clues to an internal imbalance triggered by something (often unknown) you can be happy, yes happy, that the imbalance is mild enough to produce skin symptoms and not something more serious. No dog dies from skin problems.

The bad news is that it can be a bit more challenging to treat because the vital force is not paying a lot of attention to it. A fever is a strong response from the vital force, so responds very quickly to most holistic treatments.

Now, what to do?
Be sure you have read the pet health 101 class, and done a search at the library for the wealth of skin resources.

Next, since you are so frustrated, it may be time to begin to work with a great holistic vet. When you can resolve the skin symptoms with internal treatments, or energy work (like Reiki, Eden, Bengston, and more) your pup will have a great chance for a long and health life. Go to holisticactions.com/select for an article on how to find a vet to work with.

Dr. Christina

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
Ok I’m at Wits end…my buddy isn’t really scratching but now the dry red patches with hair loss have spread over his entire body. In past if small evenly spaced small spots appreared on his forehead I would apply ACV believing mites were the cause and it would clear. I go to great lengths to keep him internally and externally chemicals free and yet this occurres…

75E1D11F-02E1-4034-BADF-087C973398D4.jpeg

BE154609-323F-4B32-947D-43177AF02A1A.jpeg
Hey Michael-

I'm sorry about Shelton's patches of hair loss. You do a great job of keeping him "clean" and I'd be willing to bet that this has very litttle (if anything) to do with toxins and is just an example of his body doing its job (of being a symptom factory).

His body is guiding us to his next homeopathic remedy.

How's his BEAM?

BTW-Thanks so much for mentioning Dalma to me and HA!

Hi Dr.Jeff, his BEAM is unchanged. Perhaps a bit more energy and an increase in appetite after his surgery. One slightly different behavior is he wants to go into his soft crate more often when we are preparing for to leave for work and he stares at the door as if he does when he is awaiting our arriving home yet we are both home.

After the spider bite is when the hair loss started. Funny thing is his paw inflammation and itching licking has improved tremendously after his last dose of the apis. I know the hair loss comes about 5-7 days after the red inflammation then dry patch. Any suggestions?

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
yes, Michael, skin problems are very frustrating because we can see them. I am so glad itching is not a problem.

There is good news and bad news. When you realize that the skin symptoms are clues to an internal imbalance triggered by something (often unknown) you can be happy, yes happy, that the imbalance is mild enough to produce skin symptoms and not something more serious. No dog dies from skin problems.

The bad news is that it can be a bit more challenging to treat because the vital force is not paying a lot of attention to it. A fever is a strong response from the vital force, so responds very quickly to most holistic treatments.

Now, what to do?
Be sure you have read the pet health 101 class, and done a search at the library for the wealth of skin resources.

Next, since you are so frustrated, it may be time to begin to work with a great holistic vet. When you can resolve the skin symptoms with internal treatments, or energy work (like Reiki, Eden, Bengston, and more) your pup will have a great chance for a long and health life. Go to holisticactions.com/select for an article on how to find a vet to work with.

Dr. Christina
Thank you Dr.Christina, I value all your input and will indeed look into all of it starting with your recommendation of the pet health 101 class.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Any suggestions?
Not off the top of my head Michael. I will ponder this and explore other thoughts based on this info.

A redose of the last remedy he responded well to may be the next step since the chances are that the bite did not trigger an acute dis-ease but rather is a flare up of his chronic ("constitutional" state).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom