• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Clarification on acupressure

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr Jeff and Dr Christina, we ran out of time, I hope Cyd is able to read this. Also how would you do the hook up on Teddy I don’t know where his bellybutton is? And would this induce a seizure?

Hi Cyd, I was not sure what you meant last evening When I asked Dr Christina could acupressure cause Teddy who s doing well, but still at times has odd behaviors and circles because of his idiopathic epilepsy. Since last April when he had 5 major ones, leaving him blind for a few days, then he regained his eyesight. He has a wonderful homeopathic vet. On a QEST 4 testing he was found to have his lower spine out of alignment, but then my other cat who is ok also is out of alignment.

I am truly afraid of chiropractic maneuvers bcause it may open up blood flow but then cause more seizures somehow? I am wondering if acupressure is safer. His whole demeanor and behavior is calming down on ale Vera liquid a wonderful product I Am detoxifying him for the past 3 months, then he will be maintained on this product. It’s called The Herbal Answer by Herbal Aloe Force. I wanted to understand your response to me but we ran out of time. Thanks.

I don’t know how I ever survived without this wonderful website and two phenomenal doctors! Thanks .

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Joanne,
I am so glad Teddy is steadily doing better.

Chiropractic and acupuncture and acupressure and homeopathy will not usually make any problem worse. It does, as we always say, depend on the individual, of course.

When those modalities are done by a well trained veterinarian, the goal is to create balance so the body no longer needs to create weird behaviors or overt seizures. Each modality does this in a slightly different way.

Sometimes, if too many modalities are done at the same time by a professional, it can be hard to evaluate what is helping.

I would rely strongly on your excellent homeopathic vet for the timing of doing some chiropractic on both cats, if you have a good one near-by.

What you can safely do at home will not usually interfere with the evaluation, though it is usually best to introduce changes of any sort one at a time. Most important is to continue to observe all symptoms as they are clues to what is happening.

Definitely safe (though again it always depends) is the Eden energy medicine, Reiki, acupressure, massage, Flower Essences. Try those one at a time and observe any changes. Every one of our speaker will speak with you by phone or email if you have questions.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hiya JoAnn-

Thanks for posting, and to Dr. Christina for her great answer.

It depends (on the context) would be my reply to your questions as well.

You can always tag another member in any post, so they get a notification from the forum. For example, if you'd like @Cyd to comment on this thread, just tag her.

Thanks so much for your wonderful words about HA!

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Christina, thank you! In Rochester it is very hard to find a qualified chiropractic vet and with covid practices in NY even harder. Iwant to be with Teddy when he is seen and so I will wait on that. In the meantime I am going to look into acupressure as Teddy loves it when I massage him and loves to be combed!

Dr Judy is “spot on” and at times has to hold me back because I get disappointed so easily.

Dr Jeff, thank you! I am not sure how to tag Cyd, I was not sure what she meant on her chat comment this week so she perked my insterest on that. I will see if I can figure out how to tag her to this conversation. Such a great Empower Hr this past week!
Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome JoAnn.

You can tag anyone on the forum by using the "@" sign followed by their user name (which is usually their first name + last initial). For example, @JoannC and @Cyd tags you both.

If a forum tab is open in your browser, a red dot shows up.

For example (shows the red dot at the top and the #1 saying that I have a private message waiting):forum tagging.png

Would a webinar next week with a live demo of the forum be helpful?

Also, this folder has lots of other tips:

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
You're welcome JoAnn.

You can tag anyone on the forum by using the "@" sign followed by their user name (which is usually their first name + last initial). For example, @JoannC and @Cyd tags you both.

If a forum tab is open in your browser, a red dot shows up.

For example (shows the red dot at the top and the #1 saying that I have a private message waiting):forum tagging.png

Would a webinar next week with a live demo of the forum be helpful?

Also, this folder has lots of other tips:

Hi Dr Jeff, yes that would be very helpful because I don’t know where I would initiate the tag, in messaging? See you on Monday.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Tagging will absolutely be on the list for discussion Joann.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom