• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cavities

YvetteH

All-Access Member
Registered
I once had a vet tell me that my cat had a cavity. Is there a way to prevent cavities in cats? Thank you.

Yvette

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Well, certainly an actively decaying tooth will need to be removed. The cat won't miss it, most likely. And the best way to keep teeth healthy is to feed pieces of raw meat and bone rather than mushy grain-filled kibble, or canned, cooked preparations. Cats are obligate carnivores, and need raw meat to thrive. Start slowly, and try for variety in species and size/shape of offerings. You may have to be patient and sneaky, as cats are also famous for being stubborn and suspicious:)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Yvette!

Ginny makes a bunch of wonderful points about (which is. one of the main ways)!

And, there are other ways to prevent resorptive lesions ("cavities") of the teeth in cats.

All of the ways both reduce the chances for the lesions to start and also help mange (and even eliminate) them after they develop.

Big chunks of meat and raw bones like in chicken and turkey necks are yummy (for carnivores) ways to start.

And the other actions of the Roadmap all will help optimize healing. Things like working with symptoms, connection, happiness, engagement, love, etc. will reduce resorptive and other immune-associated dis-eases.

The Holistic Pet Health 101 course describes many of these things and is a great place to start.

In addition, nutrients like Coenzyme Q-10, using neem bark powder for tooth brushing, etc. can also help.

Lastly, try spraying the area 2x a day with this oral spray:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom