• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat with Respiratory Issues

LaurenM

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina

Hello!

My cat about once every 1-2 weeks will cough like he's trying to hack up a hairball but nothing comes out (lasts about a minute long). This has happened for probably about a year+ but I haven't had money to address it.

I had a bad dream about his lungs last night and he just came in my office and coughed again, and I think it's time to take care of this.

He's a 3y/o gray tabby and I unexpectedly lost another gray tabby at 3y/o about 5 years ago, and my greatest fear is that happening again.

Any insight? Thanks a bunch.

Lauren

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I certainly honor dreams. For me, they often are about things I am thinking or worrying about, so I would put less weight on this one.

How is his BEAM over all?
Any other symptoms?
When does he do it - AM, PM, weekly, daily, hot weather or cold, excited, or calm, etc.
What diet is he on? Any chemicals in his environment? Smokers?
Has it become more frequent over the last year?

Check out the heart health exam (Non member login - Holistic Actions!). Do it several times over a few weeks to see if there are changes.

Have you scheduled your 15 minute call with Dr. Jeff or myself?

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom