• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat with mucus in nose

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
My cat Smudge has had a bunged-up right nostril for a little while. He has clear mucus from it, tinged a couple of times with a little bit of blood. When he eats or washes he makes sniffly, snotty noises. He sounds a bit bunged-up sometimes when he’s sleeping.

He first got similar symptoms a few months ago. I thought he had an infection and gave him Aconite 200C and a couple of supplements. The sneezing and mucus got a lot better, though may not have totally gone, but it has been back in recent weeks.

Should I repeat the Aconite or perhaps that never did the trick?

What is likely to be the cause?

Thanks so much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Edwin, thanks for asking about Smudge.

How's his liver, urine, and BEAM? In context, the nasal discharge may be evidence of his healing.

The underlying cause for any symptom is a cellular imbalance often resulting from subtle fluctuations in energy.

IMHO, quality of life and symptoms are all about energy.

Here's an article that correlates symptoms, cellular function and subtle energy which I thought you might like. However, it's been "retracted" so I don't know how long it will be online:

BTW-Thank you for your question. It helped me find "CHI":

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks so much for the reply, Dr Jeff.

It’s Casper, not Smudge, who’s had trouble with his liver. Casper’s had a bit more bilirubin again in his urine and his abdomen is a bit swollen again. His appetite is a bit less but his BEAM is good otherwise. I gave him some Chelidonium and he’s having a few herbs and using the PEMF.

Smudge’s BEAM is pretty normal. Maybe he’s a bit less energetic. Is there anything in particular I should try?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ah, sorry to get your kitty's mixed up Edwin. :confused:

If Smudge is already on a high vitality diet and if the discharge seems problematic then it's certainly safe to use the Aconite to help support his healing.

Other herbs and supplements like Liquid Immuno and Respiratory Relief could also be helpful here:

What does your veterinarian say about the nasal discharge/sneezing?

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr Jeff.

Thanks so much for that.

It’s clear mucus - does that mean it’s unlikely to be an infection?

I’m thinking it’s an allergy-like thing...

There’s no particular stand-out homeopathic remedy I can find. The only real symptom is the mucus. And it’s more of an ongoing thing so I’m thinking Aconite wouldn’t be the best?

I haven’t taken him to a vet - in the UK, they would just give antibiotics.

Thanks! I hope you’re well!

Edwin

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your reply Edwin!

Yes, an allergic discharge is more likely with serous (watery like serum) or clear mucus.

Remember though, that even yellow and green discharges are associated with secondary bacteria (that tend to overgrow due to a decrease in nasal mucosa immune function).

The Aconite is probably more palliative but certainly safe to try to see if it improves the overall picture.

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks so much. I’ve given him a bit of nux vomica - it seemed to go with his symptoms.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Cool (what potency did you give?)!

Please let us know Edwin how Smudge responds.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom