• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Cat toothpaste

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

Do you have a recommendation for cat toothpaste? I just ordered a toothbrush and will try to slowly get my kitties used to it maybe with churu treat on it at first .We’ll see how it goes. Thank you!

I brush my dogs teeth with LUCAA dental spray. It is composed mainly of probiotics that support the oral microbiome. Many toothpastes contain nasty chemicals or ingredients that kill both good and bad bacteria. When you kill the good guys, it makes it easy for the bad guys to take over. I believe it is suitable for both cats and dogs.

LUCAA+ | Pet Probiotic Dental Care Spray - 100ml

Nancy

I would look into TEEF!, as explained in our last week's webinar with Dr. Stein. The science behind this product is very strong, IMO. The webinar is, of course, available on our website.

I tried TEEF for awhile but my dogs started refusing to drink it in their water. However, you can mix it with water and brush their teeth with it. Similar idea to LUCAA spray.

Nancy

How about using Teef to gently brush (Dr. Stein discussed tooth brushing on last week's webinar)?

I looked further into the ingredients in the LUCAA spray and now have some concerns. It is sold on Judy Morgan's site so assumed it was non toxic. However, it says that it contains a small amount of sodium benzoate which I understand is toxic. I sent an email to get more information. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know since I was recommending what I thought was a good product. It was also highly recommended by the Raw Pet Medics.

Nancy

contains a small amount of sodium benzoate
Yup, when possible, stay away from sodium benzoate containing products.

it was found to cause mutagenic effects, generate oxidative stress, disrupt hormones, and reduce fertility.

Yup, when possible, stay away from sodium benzoate containing products.

Thanks Dr. Jeff.

Sorry for recommending this product. I typically research ingredients more thoroughly. I definitely slipped up on this one! The Raw Pet Medics were raving about this product and others by the same company. Some argue that a little "poison" is OK but I prefer to avoid it altogether.

I personally just brush my teeth with water because of all the horrid ingredients in human toothpaste. The pet market is just as bad, or worse.

Nancy

Thank you all!

@Dr. Jeff Medical Medium has this product on the recommended list for cats and dog’s teeth. What are your thoughts? I’m going to try and brush kitties teeth with this spray.

IMG_9933.jpeg

My understanding is that colloidal silver kills both good bacteria and bad. I try to use oral products that promote good bacteria so they can take care of the bad. That is why I used the LUCAA spray but I do not care for the toxic inactive ingredients. Teef is similar and could be used to brush teeth.

However, I also use this product which contains very good ingredients including oral probiotics that promote good bacteria in the mouth. What I really like too is that you can just use your finger to brush with it. You mix it with water and make a paste.

Natural Tooth Paste for Dogs and Cats

Nancy

I wanted to give everyone an update on the LUCAA Dental Spray. The director of the Ingenious Probiotics called me personally from the UK to address my concerns. This really impressed me! He did say there is a very tiny amount of sodium benzoate and citric acid in the product to keep the probiotics viable and effective. He says without these ingredients the probiotics will not be effective so they went with the minimal amount necessary. He said that sodium benzoate is not harmful like MIT.

I was very impressed that he called me personally. He sounds like someone who really takes pride in producing a good product.

He also warned against using any toothpastes with any kind of antibiotic properties because this will completely negate the benefits of the LUCAA Dental Spray.

I am thinking of using this product again because it actually appears to work. I may still alternate with the oral tooth powder from Pet Health and Nutrition Center and Teef.

Nancy

What are your thoughts
I'm not a big fan or oral silver.

this product which contains very good ingredients including oral probiotics that promote good bacteria in the mouth.
Yes! Maria and Phil at Pet Health and Nutrition center have great products.

@Dr. Jeff May I ask why you don’t like this Silver product I shared with you? I bought it from the medical medium recommended list for pets.

What are your thoughts on brushing with pure coconut oil? I know this is good for humans. Better than oil pulling.

Thank you!
Anna

I have done lots of research on human dental health which happens to be a huge problem. Using anything in the mouth that kills bacteria is asking for problems because it will kill both the good and bad bacteria and this will allow the bad to take over. Both colloidal silver and coconut oil are antibacterial. It is better to use a product that improves the PH of the mouth and promotes good bacteria. This is the idea behind Teef, LUCAA spray and the Oral Tooth Powder from Pet Health and Nutrition Center. One of the biggest problems in humans is the use of mouth washes which not only kill the good bacteria but impair the body's ability to make nitric oxide, a contributing factor to high blood pressure and other problems. Carbohydrates cause definite problems in the mouth because the bad bacteria feed off of them. That is why Teef has something in it to prevent the harm they do.

Please do your own research, however this is what I have discovered.

Nancy

why you don’t like this Silver product
It's not this particular product Anna. I'm not a fan of using any "natural" anti-biotic orally. Nancy mentioned some of the issues.

I, too, have reservations about silver - internally, at least. Seems to me to be suppressive of natural processes, which, if anything, need to be encouraged/supported. I do have some "sovereign silver" gel around, which I might use for external and vulnerable wounds such as cut toes...

Back
Top Bottom