• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Canned cat food

MeowMeow

Community Member
Registered
My friends rescued a kitten and are feeding it dry food or Purina. I’d like to suggest a healthy canned option and am having trouble finding posts in the forum. What do you suggest? Thank you!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Excellent to get them to switch to canned. Encourage them to feed different brands each day (rotate) as each one has different sourcing of ingredients. The you can share the 101 course and introduce them to fresh food feeding. If they are neighbors, maybe you can bring a fresh meat meal over every so often as this is a great time to get them eating fresh.

I am not up to date on the canned foods, so hopefully all the members will chime in.
Weruva and Ziwi are excellent. Maybe they can add in some raw goats milk (fermented or not).

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
What do you suggest?
Anything other than dry food is great!;)

Canned foods really vary in their availability (tho the brands Dr. Christina mentioned are widely available).

It therefore really pays to learn more about commercial foods first. In addition to the vast amount of nutrition stuff you'll find here, @Dr. Jean Hofve has some awe-some resources like:

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
I like canned cat food by ZiwiPeak - when we first our kitten, we offered her that then switched to commercial raw food like SmallBatch, Savage Cat and Quest.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom