• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Best Treat Recommendations

KaminiJ

Registered
Hello!

We use two sniff mats per day per Dr. Jeff's recommendation for our 14 month old pug, Chia, recovering from crystals in her liver and her UTI. She is doing really well in her BEAM with her sniffle mats and two walks.

I am looking for specific raw-freeze dried treats (Dr. Jeff had recommended chicken hearts) to keep using for Chia's sniffle mats and for everyday use treats as well. Other things we have used are: freeze-dried sweet potato, freeze-dried blueberries, freeze-dried, beef liver, and freeze-dried chicken, as well as berries. What recommendations would you share with us and Chia?

Thanks in advance! @Dr. Jeff

IMG_1155.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Kamini!

I'm super glad that Chia is having fun with her snuffle mat.

Any crumbled up freeze-dried and meat based treat is great to use.

Here's what Archie gets crumbled up in his snuffle mat every morning:

tsharlo1

All-Access Member
Registered
I use Ziwi Peak air dried food for the snuffle mat. It isn specifically a treat but a complete food that I use as treats.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Also, depending on Chia's food motivation, sunflower seeds are great for the mat (Archie loves his but is also highly food motivated)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom