• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Anyone Know About Dosages for Bach Flower Remedies for Dogs?

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi Everyone - I want to try Bach Flower Remedies on two of my dogs for emotional issues - Ani, my Chi Chi Jekyl & Hyde girl and Sophie who seems to have gotten a bit more anxious lately but her and Ani's BEAM is good.

For anyone who knows about Bach Flower Remedies, for Ani's inability to control her fiercely aggressive tendencies that come on suddenly, usually associated with resource guarding of me on the couch or in bed, I've purchased Cherry Plum and Aspen; I thought I'd try Cherry Plum first.

I haven't done any research regarding Sophie yet, but wondering what the dosage is for human Bach Flower remedies. Ani is 7 lbs and Sophie is 11 lbs.

Any insights, experience with Bach Flower remedies for emotional issues, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pic of my two little Drama Queens.

Thanks!!

Jody

Sophie and Ani-Drama Queens-Heads Up For Tails.jpg

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Dosages of any of the Flower Essences are more about frequency than amount. Most of the Bach Flower books for people and animals (Bach Flower Remedies for Animals by Graham and Vlamis is a good one) recommend using 2-5 essences, mixed. There are also a number of companies who raise their flowers, make their own essences and have animal combinations for specific issues. Dr. Hofve created the Spirit Essence line - her Empower Hour is Non member login - Holistic Actions!

FE are totally safe and the idea is to envelop the individual with the essences. With Bach ones, put 2 drops of each essence (and 4 drops of Rescue Remedy, if you include that), into one ounce of water. Then use a drop (more is fine, just not needed) of the dilution: in food, in the mouth, on the paws to be licked off, on your hands to pet them, on their blanket or favorite pillow. Do this 3-4 times a day for a few weeks. You can also offer different essences, or combinations in a small amount of water to see which they would choose. Faculty member Gail Pope did that a lot with her rescue cats.

I do not recommend putting it in their drinking water as some animals are very smart about what essence is good for them and they will then not drink the water they need to.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your great question Jody and your very helpful reply Dr. Christina.

@Dr. Jean's flower essences are wonderful and are now sold by Jackson Galaxy. Perhaps Dr. Jean has other wisdom to share.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Jean!

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Dosages of any of the Flower Essences are more about frequency than amount. Most of the Bach Flower books for people and animals (Bach Flower Remedies for Animals by Graham and Vlamis is a good one) recommend using 2-5 essences, mixed. There are also a number of companies who raise their flowers, make their own essences and have animal combinations for specific issues. Dr. Hofve created the Spirit Essence line - her Empower Hour is Non member login - Holistic Actions!

FE are totally safe and the idea is to envelop the individual with the essences. With Bach ones, put 2 drops of each essence (and 4 drops of Rescue Remedy, if you include that), into one ounce of water. Then use a drop (more is fine, just not needed) of the dilution: in food, in the mouth, on the paws to be licked off, on your hands to pet them, on their blanket or favorite pillow. Do this 3-4 times a day for a few weeks. You can also offer different essences, or combinations in a small amount of water to see which they would choose. Faculty member Gail Pope did that a lot with her rescue cats.

I do not recommend putting it in their drinking water as some animals are very smart about what essence is good for them and they will then not drink the water they need to.

Dr. Christina
Thanks so much, @Dr. Christina! Appreciate the insight! Is there any book you or anyone else on this thread knows of that has the list of essences, what profile they match best with and dosing for animals? :)

kristen_acri

VIP Member
Registered
@JodyMY -- I have the book that Dr. Christina mentioned and I love it. The descriptions are so detailed and whatever I look up, the essence is right on about the symptom. Here's a link: Bach Flower Remedies for Animals

I've also ordered essences from Jackson and have been pleased. I've used Para-OuttaSite for Charlie and the Vaccine Detox for Kendi and Charlie. I purchased the Ultimate Peacemaker for Kendi but haven't used it...yet. It was on sale. ;-D. But...my neighbor has a new pup and we're all working on fence behaviors. The new one makes three border collies next store. I think I'll pull that out and start. It's a system of three different essences: Peacemaker, Bully Solution, and Self-Esteem.

Good luck!

Kristen

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Thanks so much, @kristen_acri! Just ordered! Sounds so so encouraging! Every night on the couch and in bed during the night, it'll start with a low growl that builds to a crescendo of pouncing on Jasper, 3x her weight, and full on attacking him. He's such a good boy; the hen pecked boy in a female animal house, but there are times he's had enough and will attack her back. That's how Ani got her eye ulcer a couple of months ago. It's got to stop. Thing is, it's not like they don't get along. Ani is so Jas' wing girl when they're out running in the backyard and she'd just as soon be tap dancing on his head, shoving her tush in his face and kissing his mouth, ears, as attacking him without provocation. She's a little Jekyl/Hyde nutter. I'm hopeful the Cherry Plum, Aspen and Rescue Remedy will do the trick but really looking forward to reading the book to see if it sounds right there, too. Again, thanks! Hope to see you on the webinar tonight!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Here are a few Flower Essence successes from Dr. Jean Hofve, the creator of Spirit Essences (Now Jackson Galaxy solutions).

Had a multi-cat household in which there was a bully cat, Maya, who constantly went after an elderly kitty, who lived on top of the refrigerator to keep away from Maya. We used Ultimate Peacemaker (Peacemaker, Bully, Self-Esteem). Issues resolved within a couple of weeks and lasted the rest of old kitty's life. This was probably around 2003 or 2004. Maya also lived happily ever after, she just passed away a few months ago, I think she was 20+.

My favorite was a dog with severe separation anxiety. We tell folks, just get the essences *near* them. This creative lady sprayed Separation Anxiety on the dog's favorite stuffed toy. Instead of hysteria when she left for work that morning, the dog was curled up in his bed with his teddy bear. When she came home, the dog was curled up in his bed with his teddy bear.

Keep sending us the success and failures with the wonderful and safe flower essences.

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Here are a few Flower Essence successes from Dr. Jean Hofve, the creator of Spirit Essences (Now Jackson Galaxy solutions).

Had a multi-cat household in which there was a bully cat, Maya, who constantly went after an elderly kitty, who lived on top of the refrigerator to keep away from Maya. We used Ultimate Peacemaker (Peacemaker, Bully, Self-Esteem). Issues resolved within a couple of weeks and lasted the rest of old kitty's life. This was probably around 2003 or 2004. Maya also lived happily ever after, she just passed away a few months ago, I think she was 20+.

My favorite was a dog with severe separation anxiety. We tell folks, just get the essences *near* them. This creative lady sprayed Separation Anxiety on the dog's favorite stuffed toy. Instead of hysteria when she left for work that morning, the dog was curled up in his bed with his teddy bear. When she came home, the dog was curled up in his bed with his teddy bear.

Keep sending us the success and failures with the wonderful and safe flower essences.
Love this, @Dr. Christina. I’m going to suggest for a friend with cats and no peace. Thank u!!!

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Love this, @Dr. Christina. I’m going to suggest for a friend with cats and no peace. Thank u!!!
There is a combo called "Peacemaker" as well as "Ultimate Peacemaker" which includes Bully, Self Esteem, and Peacemaker. They work REALLY well, if I do say so myself! :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom