• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Aloe Vera Juice

DonnaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello Again : )

Same little doggie.

Zoey has mouth and stomach ulcers so I'm going to give her Aloe Vera Juice. It says on the bottle 1-2 ounces per day up to 8. That's for a grown person.

She's only 6 lbs., 1 Tablespoon is 1/2 an ounce.

What would be her proper dosage per day?

Thanks!

@Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Sara, @Dr. Christina, @Dr.Liza

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
It's very benign stuff, absolutely non-toxic. I'm just guessing that an ounce a day would be plenty, and less would be OK, too. It's very soothing to skin and membranes, but has no real medicinal action. I use it in homemade skin toner, or for irritations or burns.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Donna-

As Ginny says, aloe juice is very soothing and benign. However, it does have an internal healing effect in addition to skin soothing:

You may want to start at a lower dose (1 tsp. twice/day) and work up to 2 tsp. based on her response, tolerance and sensitivity to it.

ValerieE

All-Access Member
Registered
I am jumping in as Florence my 6yo cat has been vomiting her food last night (full of fake tree particles) and all her meal this morning right after ingesting it (raw shredded salmon and cooked pumpkin and a bit of cilantro. She is eating the fake Xmas tree we put in (I think I am down with the tree , it will go away). She then ate a piece of dry freeze turkey treat and that's it for now. I have frozen aloe vera gel piece I could defrost but how to make her eat it? Should I try to mix it with water and give it with a syringe? It may be traumatic for her? Should I try to buy baby food? She likes fish and raw chicken, not sure what to buy as all this will be brand new to her? Maybe going with tiny portions of the leftover raw salmon preparation? I am afraid raw chicken might be too much to handle at this point... Thoughts? Last time she was fed was 14hrs+ ago.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Bad tree! I'd just offer some of what she has eaten before, perhaps something not offered in the last day or so. Milk? Cream? A bit of cooked cereal? I think perhaps that forcing something down her is excessive right now. Maybe leaving something out in a place she can "find" it and decide it's lovely.
The vomiting was probably the best thing....
Keep us posted. And, cat people, chime in, please.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Valerie!

How was/is Florence's BEAM?

No I don't think forcing (anything) is a good idea.

Baby food, salmon, etc. is fine to feed. Is her appetite back? Is she 100% normal again (as a young, vital kitty without an obstruction would be)?

ValerieE

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you. It happened again the next day, but the tree was still up. Now the tree is gone and Florence had a regular day yesterday, her appetite is back and she kept food inside. I am glad the tree is now gone. She is looking for new ways to get our attention or to make her point now... :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom