• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Acupuncture & homeopathy?

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Acupuncture and homeopathy can be used in the same patient. A classical homeopath would ask that acupuncture not be used until the patient is at a steady point, because it can make it hard to tell what effect each modality is having.

Practically speaking, I may give an acupuncture treatment when I receive the case of a chronic patient. I then will analyse the patient's case, and prescribe homeopathic medicines after asking the client what response the patient has had to the acupuncture a few days later. Sometimes this will give me additional information to help in understanding the patient.

In an urgent case, I will use any modalities needed to help the patient, and acupuncture and homeopathy work fine together. The problem is in determining what changes in the patient are due to what modality. That is why it is better, when possible, to give one treatment at a time, and wait and see its effect before giving another treatment.
I hope this is helpful!
Dr. Sara

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Well said Dr. Sara,
I totally agree.
And acupressure can be used easily along with homeopathy as it helps and is not as deep acting.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Bianca (and thanks for starting this important thread).

They can both go go together as Dr. Sara said or cancel each other (depending on the ability of the practioner to interpret the results of both the acupuncture session and the homeopathic medicine).

The difference is how the results of a homeopathic medicine or acupuncture sessions are interpreted and if there are "new" symptoms arise, how they are then treated.

So, some homeopaths (who don't do acupuncture, unlike Dr. Sara) will ask you to do one or the other and not both at once.

The rationale is that both acupuncture and homeopathy can do the same thing (alter the flow of energy and inter-cellular information in the body to help maintain and restore balance).

This is different than using diet, supplements, etc. which support the body is different physiologic ways. Liver support foods and supplements may be different than that for the brain or kidney. Whereas there is only 1 internal balance and it affects every organ.

The internal energetic balance is what BEAM reflects.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom