• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Abscess or Pus?

LauraL

Community Member
Registered
I noticed an abscess on my 7-year-old cocker spaniel's uterus or urinary tract. Her BEAM is good. No discharge, No odour. The abscess consists of two small masses in series. See the photos attached. Is it possibly a sign of pyometra? The mass is on the left side. She has one ovary, and I recollected the ovary on the right side. I have to call the vet who performed her spay tomorrow to confirm. IMG_3440.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Laura!

I think the best thing is for her to have a vet exam to say what these are (I can't tell from the pic).

How's her BEAM?

LauraL

Community Member
Registered
Hey Laura!

I think the best thing is for her to have a vet exam to say what these are (I can't tell from the pic).

How's her BEAM?
Her BEAM is good. Less restless at home but she run like mad when we go for out walk.

LauraL

Community Member
Registered
Hey Laura!

How's her BEAM?
Her BEAM is good. Less restless at home but she run like mad when we go for our walk.
We are scheduled to see the vet for our annual exam on Feb 1st. Not sure I can wait. Although I may not be able to see her due to the long waiting schedule.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Do you have a local 24/7 clinic?

I don't think I fully understand what is going on since there is no discharge.

Other pictures may be helpful. Can you also send them to your local vet to see what they advise?

LauraL

Community Member
Registered
Do you have a local 24/7 clinic?

I don't think I fully understand what is going on since there is no discharge.

Other pictures may be helpful. Can you also send them to your local vet to see what they advise?

Local 24/7 clinics are full. I sent the photos to my local vet, she is fully booked until March. Since we scheduled an appointment to draw blood for Dr. Dodds next Tuesday, the vet asks the tech to look at her.
Although the vet performed her Ovarian Spare Spay did reply with the below comments:

"Based on the pictures that you sent, the swelling seems to be in the mammary glands. In this case it could be either mammary development from hormones because she is in heat or it could be the start of some mammary cancer. When you go to see your vet on Feb 1st have them assess it."

Here are some more pictures maybe you can see if it is the mammary glands?

IMG_3434.jpegIMG_3442.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

sitting in front of me.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, this looks like this could be swollen mammary glands. Do the swellings feel hard or soft?

LauraL

Community Member
Registered
Yes, this looks like this could be swollen mammary glands. Do the swellings feel hard or soft?
The swelling feels hard outside but fluidity inside and consists of two pups like a peanut. They are not hot or cold. Just warm like her skin. She is uncomfortable when handling it. She is sensitive when touching her lower back.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom