• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

About intermittent fasting

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Here is a link, a tad bit lightweight, but the principles are sound, on intermittent fasting, or time restricted eating.

You've seen me recommend single daily meals - or less - for our animals, based on these principles, and of course my dog and I have followed this for years now. It is easiest to implement when following a high-fat, low-carb regime, for us and the animals. I would bet that there are many health issues which arise in our pets as a result of too much food, too many meals, inappropriate carbohydrates, and not enough downtime for the body to carry on other metabolic functions. Amazing how a simple and ancient practice can actually promote our best health...

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
I have started following Dr. Berg on YouTube recently and been learning about the vast benefits of fasting.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
ALL of which can be realized by intermittent fasting, which doesn't seem like fasting at all! No need to starve, no deprivation or hunger, really. I don't "follow" much of anyone, preferring a buffet approach to health, but I have found Dr. Joseph Mercola's work, especially his book Fat for Fuel, simple and helpful in implementing a perfectly doable regime. However, it's a moving target, and he has altered some of his own principles since writing it. Keep an open mind and find a plan of your own, which you can modify as you go. And yes, the animals will benefit highly from such a plan as well.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom