• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

13 yo dog diagnosed with anal cancer

RekhaU

Community Member
Registered
Hello, @Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Sara, @Dr. Christina,
My 13 yo Morkie was diagnosed with cancer of his anal yesterday... I took him to Wholistic Vet and I was told its is likely that the cancer has spread in other parts of his body.THey gave me information for Euthanasia along with a pain killer Gabapentin 100mg and told me to keep him comfortable at home. I came across your website last night. Wanted to see what I can do to help turn this around. So I have decided to put him on Ketogenic diet and ordered supplements such as RX biotics, Vimergy Olive leaf oil, Mushroom wisdom Maitake Petfraction. I am also giving him CBD oil with Hemp for pain.

He was really having difficulty pooping for last few days. But after I gave him one dose of RX Biotics he pooped really well today. Last night after his examination he was trying to poop and only blood came out. He also vomited a bit last night.

Along with these I have also bought Dr. Harvey's superfood pre-mix Paradigm and will add wheat grass juice or powder, Fresh Dandelion, fresh turmeric roots, plus will add Olive oil, coconut oil or Flax seed oil or MCT oil with Grass Fed/Organic Turkey, Chicken, Salmon and feed him from today.

I will also add Selenium Husk to his food so he can poop effortlessly.

He ate a Grass Fed egg(One) this morning for breakfast. But I will try to feed him once a day for Ketosis benefit.

Please let me know if there is anything I should add to his diet.

He is eating, drinking, walking around and have decent energy but does get tired sometimes and lack vitality and energy.

Is there anything that can be added to his supplement list that will give him energy level and vitality?

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
Hi, @RekhaU, Holistic Actions! support here.
I'm sorry to hear about your pup's diagnosis. WOuld you mind sharing a little bit more about your pup so that our veterinarians get a bigger picture? Here are the good questions to answer:
  1. Your pet's name
  2. Neutering status
  3. Approximate weight
  4. What's their BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood)
  5. Diet (previous as well as now)
  6. Vaccination history / exposure to toxins, other medication
  7. Besides the recent diagnosis, have there been other health concerns through his lifetime or recently?
thank you. Hope you get some clarity on your options. And in the meantime - happiness protocol is a great way to connect with and support your pet - you can find it here: HA! Happiness Protocol: 7 Ways to Optimize Your Pet's Life

RekhaU

Community Member
Registered
H
Hello, My dog was diagnosed with cancer of his anal yesterday... I took him to Wholistic Vet and I was told its is likely that the cancer has spread in other parts of his body.THey gave me information for Euthanasia along with a pain killer Gabapentin 100mg and told me to keep him comfortable at home. I came across your website last night. Wanted to see what I can do to help turn this around. So I have decided to put him on Ketogenic diet and ordered supplements such as RX biotics, Vimergy Olive leaf oil, Mushroom wisdom Maitake Petfraction. I am also giving him CBD oil with Hemp for pain.

He was really having difficulty pooping for last few days. But after I gave him one dose of RX Biotics he pooped really well today. Last night after his examination he was trying to poop and only blood came out. He also vomited a bit last night.

Along with these I have also bought Dr. Harvey's superfood pre-mix Paradigm and will add wheat grass juice or powder, Fresh Dandelion, fresh turmeric roots, plus will add Olive oil, coconut oil or Flax seed oil or MCT oil with Grass Fed/Organic Turkey, Chicken, Salmon and feed him from today.

I will also add Selenium Husk to his food so he can poop effortlessly.

He ate a Grass Fed egg(One) this morning for breakfast. But I will try to feed him once a day for Ketosis benefit.

Please let me know if there is anything I should add to his diet.

He is eating, drinking, walking around and have decent energy but does get tired sometimes and lack vitality and energy. He is a picky eater...sometimes eats what i prepare for him(keto diet) sometimes he refuses to eat. Although he is hungry...

Is there anything that can be added to his supplement list that will give him energy level and vitality?

Attachments

• sprinkle_uppal_medical_notes_2022_06_09_62a211e53c7b0.pdf
    59.1 KB · Views: 1

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Rekha-

I'm also super sorry to hear about Sprinkle's exam findings.

On reading the vet exam notes, it is unclear if there were any abnormal symptoms when you went in. Is that the case (that Sprinkle seems normal except for the vet exam findings)?

Is he having any problems urinating or defecating? Is his BEAM any different than usual?

What does he love to do more than anything else in the world? I would double the frequency of doing this, starting today.

Regardless, based on the severity of his pathology it would be a great idea to start working with a trained vet homeopath ASAP.

They can be anywhere in the world as many do virtual consultations.

Drs. Judy Herman in Maine ( @dr_ judy herman ) and Adriana Sagrera in New Orleans are wonderful.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom