• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

1 year old pup with skin issues

AlexandraR

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello all,

This is my first post in the HA! forum and I'm enjoying and learning so much from reading all of the threads that I can! We have a 1 year old Pitbull puppy, his name is Shoresy and he is just the best! When he was 5 months old, he was diagnosed with Parvo and treated with Serenia and Convenia (by my dad who is a conventional veterinarian). He recovered from the Parvo but ever since he has the antibiotics and anti-vomit meds, he has this yeasty smell to him. Earlier in October, we gave him a bath with clean, castile soap. After the bath, he broke out in bumps all over his skin, red and itchy ears, goopy eyes and still has that yeasty smell. We are already feeding raw, giving a variety of raw meat and fresh veggies each day. We have an appointment with a homeopathic veterinarian in the new year but are hoping to find some things to soothe him before them. Has anybody had any experience with something like this? Or any advice on what we can do to improve his symptoms until we can get to the bottom of the issue?

Thanks in advance for all of the insight!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome to the HA! forum Alexandra!

How great that your dad is a vet!!

I’m super sorry to hear about Shoresy’s skin problem. Fortunately there’s lots that you can do to alleviate the skin symptoms and restore his natural balance (imbalance=dis-ease) at the same.

It all starts here:

After you read it, I look forward to discussing it with you and anyone interested in this thread.

AlexandraR

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,

Thanks for responding and sharing that webpage. I have read over it and completely agree that his inner balance needs to be restored! I have contacted HA! because we want to get to the root of the issue rather than just suppressing the symptoms.

We are already feeding raw with a large variety. They get fresh air, walks and have a huge yard to run around in. We are going to try introducing probiotics into his diet to see if that helps anything.

Does anyone have any recommendations or can share similar stories?

Best,
Alexandra

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Alexandra, Most (all?) of the HA! vets have patients with similar stories as Shoresy's. You'll. find some stories here in the forum, shared during webinars and in Bernie Siegel's book:

You're doing a wonderful job already, and now it's mainly a matter of the patience and perseverance to allow Shoresy to regain the inner balance which nature will bring him.

In addition to rotating probiotics (we recommend starting with the 4 from Adored Beast and also one called Mitomax) the very best way to help activate his natural healing is through cellular joy.

The Happiness Protocol is a good way to start:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom