• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Blood in urine?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Christine-

Yes! Thanks Ginny!

I'm also super thankful for the healing ability of the body (when given good food and care to maintain a high BEAM).

A thickened bladder wall is merely a sign of bladder inflammation and can not be determined without an ultrasound (which you found out that he had not done).

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Here are the results...

Attachments

• Hope 08-08-22 Lab Results.pdf
    875.6 KB · Views: 2

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It looks 100% normal!!

No blood in the urine which was extracted right from the bladder so it must be coming from her urethra and lower genitourinary tract (as expected for awhile after estrus).

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
It looks 100% normal!!

No blood in the urine which was extracted right from the bladder so it must be coming from her urethra and lower genitourinary tract (as expected for awhile after estrus).
Dr Gordon suggested we bring her back for an ultrasound/x-ray....what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Non-invasive (and low stress) diagnostics are always a good idea. Aside from the expense that is...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ultrasound will show bladder wall thickness better (but also can be way more expensive).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great!

Now may be a wonderful time for you to start emotionally preparing yourself for Friday (and for the results (whatever they show)!

One way to stay calm is to attend Laughter Yoga tonight and tomorrow (it's at 7pm PT every day).

100-200 people from all over the world attend this session. It’s FREE.

Here is the link:

Password 12345

Ashook (who "teaches" part of the time) often does this affirmation:

I'm strong, very, very strong, all of the time.

Then we all breath in, raise our arms, and laugh out the breath with an exhale.

In addition to the psychological benefits of 30 minutes of laughter, play, singing and dancing, there are BIG physiological effects. Like improved immune resilience and better resistance to any infection.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Great!

Now may be a wonderful time for you to start emotionally preparing yourself for Friday (and for the results (whatever they show)!

One way to stay calm is to attend Laughter Yoga tonight and tomorrow (it's at 7pm PT every day).

Ashook (who "teaches" part of the time) often does this affirmation:

Then we all breath in, raise our arms, and laugh out the breath with an exhale.

In addition to the psychological benefits of 30 minutes of laughter, play, singing and dancing, there are BIG physiological effects. Like improved immune resilience and better resistance to any infection.
That sounds like FUN! Unfortunately, that's the time when Hope and I will be out for our first walk of the day. Do they offer recordings of these sessions?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, there loads of fun.

There are loads of laugh classes throughout the world (both live and on Zoom).

Perhaps there's even one in your area.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, there loads of fun.

There are loads of laugh classes throughout the world (both live and on Zoom).

Perhaps there's even one in your area.

how interesting...that's close to where Dr. Gordon is (www.archbeachvet.com) ...by the way, he's recommending heart ultrasound as well for her murmur! Any thoughts?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff - Today, I noticed Hope drips more than before and her vaginal area is a bit "bitter" smelling. She licks the area more often than in the past few days as well. Will update soon.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Has her BEAM changed in any way?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'd appreciate your sharing them again Christine (the email does not seem to have arrived).

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
I'd appreciate your sharing them again Christine (the email does not seem to have arrived).
I have resent them again via (regular) email as well as here. Please let me know if you have any trouble receiving them.

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Hi @Dr. Sara - could you elaborate on her "neediness" - I am trying to understand how to better observe and describe behaviors such as this.
Maerzen is normally an affectionate dog. During this she wanted to be near me, and seemed clingy. She leaned against me even more than usual, and kept pushing herself between my legs when we went outside.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom