• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Tellington T-Touch

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Has anyone taken a seminar on TTouch for dogs ?
If you have experience with this massage technique,
please comment on your experiences/observations…

Thank you!
Zahra

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Zahra-

Although I’ve never had the pleasure of personally attending one of her seminars, many of my clients love her technique. One client (and member of our online community) advises that you make sure that the person giving the seminar is also a TTouch practitioner.

Good luck and have fun.

Dr. Jeff

PS-Dr. Christina may also have more insights to share.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
I got in touch with the folks at Tellington TTouch. Unfortunately, there are no events or classes in my area. I want to share their recommendations:

Hello Christine, Linda’s book Getting in TTouch with Your Dog would be a great start for you
https://ttouch.com/Shop/Dogs/index.html
Be confident that you can do the TTouch. I think this is one of the wonders of Linda’s work: anyone can do it and be successful. Since we are not working with energy or manipulating muscles or joints, the TTouch does not require specialized training. Many people successfully learn the TTouch from the book and or the videos and find new ways of connecting with their animals.
Here are ways that you can learn TTouch. Please visit our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TellingtonTTouch as well as Tellington TTouch in Canada https://www.youtube.com/user/TTouchCanada
There is a wealth of information offered on each.
Visit the Tellington TTouch World
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=tellington%20ttouch%20world&epa=SEARCH_BOX
and we hope you join the Tellington TTouch Community
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tellingtonttouchcommunity/
And perhaps you would be interested in hosting a workshop or training.
Having classes in California would be great! We are always looking for people who might be interested in hosting a session and acting as a local organizer. If you are interested or know someone who might be, please contact Katie, our program coordinator for companion animal trainings, or Kirsten, coordinator for horse events as well as TTouch for You. We also have very experienced Practitioners who can teach three day hands-on sessions. Katie trainings@ttouch.com Kirsten kirsten@ttouch.com
Thank you for being in TTouch!
Carol for Linda Tellington-Jones

beccak

All-Access Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Thank you for this information Carol.
Carol and Dr Feinman,
I have used a couple of the TTouch techniques with my older dog, included in an online course. My dog loved the touch and we did see good results. The class also included some of the TellingtonTouch wraps that my girl loved!

Carol, may I ask where you are located in CA?
Becca

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Thanks, Carol

Tellington t-touch is much more than massage techniques. It includes specific training programs for your dog and we love to see dogs comfortable in any environment. It includes the wraps. It can be used for physical problems as well as emotional ones and behavioral ones.

There are many on-line videos and I hear only positive feedback from Linda Tellington Jones' approaches.

Dr. Christina

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you for this information Carol.
Carol and Dr Feinman,
I have used a couple of the TTouch techniques with my older dog, included in an online course. My dog loved the touch and we did see good results. The class also included some of the TellingtonTouch wraps that my girl loved!

Carol, may I ask where you are located in CA?
Becca

Hello Becca - I copied and pasted email from Carol. She is in Michigan.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Christina Update: I've been doing TTouches on my dog Koby (especially The Ear TTouch) for calming and whenever I hear his stomach gurgling ... and it's been working quite well. Still need to keep on trying TTouches on his paws..so I can trim his nails! :dog2:

NicoleA

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Christina Update: I've been doing TTouches on my dog Koby (especially The Ear TTouch) for calming and whenever I hear his stomach gurgling ... and it's been working quite well. Still need to keep on trying TTouches on his paws..so I can trim his nails! :dog2:
HI @ChristineL I am thinking about doing this training for my kitty who was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Did you the training online? Thanks and happy to hear it worked with your dog. :)

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I love hearing reports on what works and what does not. There are a lot of books, videos and even on-line classes on Tellington T-Touch.
Dr. Christina

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
HI @ChristineL I am thinking about doing this training for my kitty who was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Did you the training online? Thanks and happy to hear it worked with your dog. :)
Hi Nicole - I did not take the course but I got the book and watched many videos on YouTube. I didn't find the TTouch on paws helpful on Koby but the other ones (especially the calming one, which I don't remember the name of :confused: sorry!) very effective in calming him. I now do it on my new girl Hope at night to help her wind down. ? I hope Tellington TTouch will help your kitty!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom