• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lord of the Ringworm

RobinO

All-Access Member
Registered
Our foster mama-cat (from NYCACC) had a bald spot on her chest. It was round. I contacted the shelter and asked if she'd had a blood draw from her neck because it was in about the same place. They said no. I wasn't able to get a great look, but I've seen ringworm before and she was from an environment that has it and she'd been through all sorts of stresses and inappropriate vax (I mentioned in another post), so it made sense that it could be rw. Her kittens were fine.

I did some reading about Thuja, dosing 1x week for 3 weeks. I did it. In less than a week, the bald spot not only got smaller, but her fur was already growing back. Before the remedy was given, the area was getting a bit larger. She's had 2 doses and was at our vet yesterday. He said it was fine. No sign of RW. It's almost to a point where you can't see the missing fur.

I didn't give her anything else or change her diet. I'm kinda blown away, but since I'm not 100 sure it was RW, I'll just be glad she's healing.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Great response, especially since she had been stressed.

Robin, can you say what in your reading and observing symptoms led you to Thuja?

Specific for RE? Because of vaccines? Both?

Keep us posted about her.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic Robin!

Yes, Thuja is one of the most useful remedies for ringworm in any species. Here's a useful repertory rubric for the circinate eruptions of ringworm. It might give you future remedy ideas for her:

SKIN - ERUPTIONS - herpetic - circinate: (46) anac. anag. ars-s-f. bacls-10. Bar-c. bar-s. Brom. Calc. calc-act. calc-ar. carc. chrysar. clem. dulc. dys. equis-a. equis-h. Eup-per. Graph. hell. hep. iod. lach. Lith-c. mag-c. med. morg. morg-p. Nat-c. NAT-M. parth. phos. PHYT. psor. rad-br. sanic. semp. SEP. spong. sulph. syc. TELL. ter. THUJ. tor. TUB.

RobinO

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff,

I can't make sense of the info you posted. I'm "not there" yet with being able to understand/translate what all that means.

I read Hamilton's about ringworm and went from there. I also just gave it to my kittens after their first FVRCP vax. They were quiet for about an hour, then bouncing around like nuts. No ill effects. I have seen a lot of post-vax immune reactions-105+ fever, lethargy, lameness..so it was great NOT to see it.

:)

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Great response, especially since she had been stressed. Robin, can you say what in your reading and observing symptoms led you to Thuja? Specific for Ringworm? Because of vaccines? Both? Keep us posted about her.[/quote

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Robin. What I posted is a rubric from one of my repertories.

"Circinate" (round/coiled or ringworm-like) is a description of the skin eruption symptom.

"46" are the number of remedies in the rubric and the rest are abbreviations for the 46 homeopathic medicines in the rubric, e.g. THUJ. for Thuja.

The size of the type is the frequency of applicability of the remedy (so Thuja is one of the 7 most indicated remedies in this rubric).

Does that help, and do you still have questions?

RobinO

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you. That helps.

I can see why it takes many years to understand this!

K

kat030

Hi. My cat Max still has ringworms and it looks like I can not get rid of them! The cat looks fine and has no signs of the ringworms. I have Max since mid June. Before I got him they did few vaccinations and other test with him.

Now I have another friend who just told me he got ringworms. Besides me there are already 5 people who got it. I am so worried to have anyone touch the cat at this point.

Can ringworms transmitted between humans or do they need to get in contact with the cat?

K

kat030

I am thinking of doing a lime dip with my kitten. Anyone experience with that?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Kat.

Sorry about the slow reply to your original message.

Yes, ringworm can spread from person to person.

Transmission depends upon both the amount of exposure as well as the susceptibility of the individual.

Here's what the CDC says:

How do you know that Max has ringworm?

Is he long or short haired and what do you feed?

Yes, Lym-Sulfa dips can be very effective (tho are also very, very stinky!)?

Also, since you've been unsuccessfully working to get rid of ringworm, your kitty may be getting re-exposed.

Asymptomatic carriers of ringworm, like other kitties in the house, are very common.

Here's some more info about transmission:

In addition to any kind of bathing, this product could be helpful:

If this started soon after you got him, you might also want to try a dose of Thuja 30c (a homeopathic medicine).

As he gets older and his immune health improves, he should also naturally eliminate this parasite on his own.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I would be very sure it is ringworm.
Pluck some hairs from the edge of the circles and take them to the vet to look at under the microscope.

Are you feeding a fresh food diet?
Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom